Many couples find that a neutral third party is useful for sorting through issues and developing a plan for improving the quality of their relationship. I am a counselor for the relationship — not for individual members of the couple.
Most of the couples I work with are looking for help with:
- Improving their communication skills
- Dealing with infidelity
- Rebuilding trust
- Deciding whether to stay or go
- Navigating separation and divorce issues
- Blending families
- Managing differences in parenting styles
- Addressing pre-marital concerns
- Handling domestic abuse
My approach to Couples Counseling is based on the Gottman Method of Couples Therapy, and I have completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.